Search Stories To Tell Dot Com Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You - Part 27

The following is a short story revolving around the fantasy story 'The Wall Outside'. There will be serveral parts. It uses some of the characters of 'The Wall Outside', but is not part of main book. 'The Wall Outside' is currently available in digital format at http://www.amazon.com/The-Wall-Outside-Series-ebook/dp/B009FLOMLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350814435&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wall+outside+by+james

What Doesn't Kill You - Part 27

You throw your arms up in front of your face as the ground comes up to meet you.

Be snaps her fingers.  “And don’t think you can get out of telling me.  I want answers!”

When you do not hit, you slowly unwrap your arms and open your eyes.  You are suspended about a foot above the ground, hovering in the air.

“Be,” you swallow, “did I ever tell you how much I really love the fae right now?”

“And no sucking up!” Be warns.  “I will not be dissuaded.  Now, how?”  She stares into your closest eye.

Bob The Pixie slips between you two.  “Now, now,” he waves Be back, “mind your manners!”

Be points a finger a Bob.  “You said this human knew what was done!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

You touch the ground and push, but it does not help.  You continue to float right where you are.

Bob growls back, “Did too!”, and abruptly stops.

Be puts on a smug smile as Bob shakes his finger at her.

“You just tried to confuse me, but when I think back,” he gazes up at the sky a moment.  “Ha!” he points his finger at Be.  “I only thought the human knew, and you turned it around!”  Bob learns toward you and whispers.  “It’s okay, whisper to me what you did.”

You take a deep breath, and let it out slowly.  “Bob, if I knew what I did, don’t you think I’d want to tell you both?”

There is silence as both pixie and fae think on that one.

“But if you don’t know,” Be moves forward, “then what did happened?”

You explain to both.

Be’s face goes pale.  “Oh my!”  Out of a tiny bag she pulls a tiny fae book.  Opening it, she quickly flips through the pages.  “Oh my, oh my!”

~ James William Peercy

For those interested, what is 'The Wall Outside' about?

Step across the barrier and what will you find?
A place of magic just out of sight?
A pixie, a leprechaun, or even a sprite?

What starts as a vacation, turns into a mess. For Jonna, there's
more at stake than meets the eye. Through pouring rain,
misdirection, and a curious mind, Jonna crossed the barrier
between our world and magic.

Now forced to return across the barrier, Jonna battles Dark Mages, angry leprechauns, and a ruthless Minotaur, all in an effort to find his wife. To do this, he must locate the stolen Rune Blade and rescue a beautiful elvish princess.

But what can a human do when faced with a world of magic?

No comments:

Post a Comment