Search Stories To Tell Dot Com Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The basics are simple. All it takes is commitment.

What basics, and who is being committed?  No asylums for me!


Isn't that the first question we ask?  When faced with something new, people tend to try and explain it, so the maximum number of people will understand, accept, and go along with the hypothesis.  However, there are those rare few that back up, look you in the eye, and say, "What are you talking about?"


What am I talking about?

A fellow author asked a question.  I concurred it sounded like fun.  If you read to the end of the article, let me know if you agree.

Oh, come on.  It's not a requirement.  If you don't have fun, there's no obligation. *grins*

Sales pitch?  No.  Review?  Could be.  Can it answer the ultimate question, the question billion of years have waited for?  The verbalization that the great Douglas Adams, himself, put forth in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?  Maybe.  Only one thing is for certain.  If you choose, it can change your life, along with the number 42, of course.


Oh, time to get to the point. 

Many years ago, I was a university student.  No one's giving the exact year.  Yes, I went to a real live university.  They called it that because the education plan laid out a broad range of classes.  These were designed to help you not only specialize but also aid you to better focus on practical uses for your degree.

It was great.  I loved it!  However, with a lack of physical education, I soon found that I needed more than only head knowledge to stay in shape.

I graduated, married, and went to work.  For about ten years, I maintained my Kenpo Karate training.  But as work became more time-consuming, I gradually tapered off and one day woke up 35 pounds heavier.

I didn't look bad.  However, I had noticed I felt more plump than before.  Looking at my past pictures was somewhat of a shock.  My blood pressure measured a minimum of 131/82.  It wasn't bad.  It just was not good.  I didn't like what I had become though I was still physically able to do about anything.

Stress, work, and family on top of an unhealthy lifestyle had final started to take its toll.  Then my dad died, suddenly and unexpectedly, from a pulmonary embolism.  The event woke me up.


You and I are not guaranteed one moment to the next.

If there is something we need to do, we should do it now.  But you can't do it if your body is not ready to meet the demand.  If I was going to live, I wanted to give myself the best chance to survive.  And so, I began to change my life for the better.

I already knew the process worked.  I had created my own program and saw it through in the past.  But if you would like a step up, a jump start, a way to get ahead more quickly, meet Ace Antonio Hall.

Ace started in a similar way.  Though he was healthy at the beginning, time dragged him down.  Realizing he did not have to live that way, the man turned his whole life around.

Lord of the Flies: Fitness for Writers by Ace Antonio Hall

Mr. Hall shares with the reader not only how but why it is important to stay fit.  As the book points out, so many of us get caught up in the day to day living that we forget to keep ourselves in good physical condition.  A healthy body leads to a greater enjoyment of life.

This book tells a story of one man’s journey to renew what he had lost.  It was done through persistence with certain key exercises that helped build muscle groups he desired.  It gives great tips to any person who wishes to begin the basics of moving into a healthier you.


And in truth, I can agree with his findings.  Simply exercising about thirty minutes in the morning and at night is sufficient to bring down weight, drop blood pressure, and revitalize the human physique.  Of course, there is a little more to it.  The old saying you are what you eat is paramount.  So is the idea of finding that time when you can let go of life's everyday events and just be.

The rewards are astounding.  Muscles and joints become stronger than before.  There is a boost of positive thoughts.  Troubles do not enter the mind as easily.  The psychological benefits are just as important as the physical.  For anyone, this is a matter of life and death.


Where did I hear about this book?

You can thank Jaidis Shaw for that.  As a fellow writer, she asked if anyone would like to take a look at Lord of the Flies: Fitness for Writers and become part of the magic.

So, if the idea intrigues you and if you have wondered what it would be like to feel better about yourself, dive in.  Pick up a copy.  It's a short read.  You’ve nothing to lose and only benefits to gain.

Thanks for listening.

I hope you had fun!

James William Peercy
www.JamesWilliamPeercy.com



If you want to find out more about this event, visit http://junipergrovebooksolutions.com and ask a few questions!




1 comment:

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing!

    Hương Lâm với website Huonglam.vn chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy toshiba cũ và dòng máy máy photocopy ricoh cũ uy tín, giá rẻ nhất TP.HCM

    ReplyDelete